We were going to use the last of the roast vegetable melange, but there was only enough for one sandwich, with Swiss. We opened a pouch of salmon and added some capers and Swiss, for the other.
- The salmon was 1.49 or 75c per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- The roast vegetables are included in another meal.
- Add 45c for butter and garlic dip.
Two good sandwiches for $1.75 per serve.
Summer is the season of finding new salads! Tonight’s Feta, Tomato and White Bean Salad was surprisingly tasty and filling. We substituted moon touched tomatoes instead of fresh, which improved the flavor at the expense of texture as they were a little mushy (but delicious).
It turns out there were four serves in what we plated.
- Tomatoes add 10c per serve
- The white beans were $1.00 per can or 25c per serve
- The French feta is $9.99 for 10.5 oz and we shared 1/6 or 42c per serve
- Add 40c for seasoning and dressing ingredients.
A surprisingly delicious salad for $1.17 per serve.