Back to basics: kumato, mayo and Swiss cheese as a toasted sandwich.
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we used one per sandwich, or 70c per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- Add 35c for butter and mayo.
Simple but very good for $1.90 per serve.
For a new experiment Foodie Greg sous vidé salmon fillets and served them with a favorite salad: mango, avocado and spinach greens.
- The salmon was $12.11 which made a generous 8oz serve for $6.06 per serve
- Spinach was $2.99 but we only used ¼ or 38c per serve
- Avocado are 99c each or 50c per serve
- The mango was 98c or 49c per serve
- Add 50c for butter, oil, salt and dressing.
The salmon was a perfect buttery smooth texture that melted in our mouths. We trimmed off the skin and served at room temperature. The salad is a great combination of acidic sweetness from the mango, fat from the avocado with the backing of the greens and balsamic dressing. An excellent meal for $7.93 per serve.