For lunch we wilted spinach and then filled the pan with egg and cooked it slowly on the cooktop. Very slowly. We finished in the oven.
- Spinach was $2.99 and we used the remaining ¾ or $1.13 per serve
- We shared five pastured eggs or $1.25 per serve
- The French feta is $9.99 for 10.5 oz and we shared 1/6 or 83c per serve
- Add 20c for seasoning.
A most satisfying lunch for $3.41 per serve.
We had a beef chuck roast in this month’s Keller Crafted meat box, so we decided to prepare it “pulled pork” style, using a Martha Stewart recipe.
Our roast was only two pound and only took three hours to cook. We’ll get four full size serves or eight like tonight.
We served a half serve on a hot panini roll with a purchased Kale
Sunflower crunch salad kit.
- The roast was $20.88 or $2.61 per serve for this meal
- The panini roll is 63c
- The salad kit was $3.49 and we’ll get four serves, or 88c per serve.
The pulled beef is every bit as tasty as pulled pork, and it was an excellent meal for $4.12 per serve.