Because we didn’t want to put the oven on, we did a pair of toasted sandwiches. On one we put the shredded chuck roast with a smear of BBQ sauce and Swiss; on the other we did a pouch of sweet and spicy tuna with capers and Swiss.
- The roast was $20.88 or $1.74 per serve for this meal
- The tuna was $2.00 or $1.00 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- Add 45c for butter, BBQ sauce and capers.
Two decent sandwiches for $3.84 per serve.
A new – and intriguing – recipe for Hot Beef Salad, which is a savory meat sauce over Romain lettuce.
We’ll get three full serves.
- The dry aged ground beef was $9.35 or $3.12 per serve
- Romain lettuce was $2.00 or $1.00 per serve
- Add 75c for the other ingredients.
A surprisingly good meal for $4.87 per serve. We thought the meat sauce would be better over a bowl of bean sprouts!