We made a shopping trip to Jons supermarket, where they have the best supermarket roast chicken by a good margin. Once again, it proves that good ingredients make the simplest meal exceptional.
- The chicken is $6.99 and we shared a breast, or 88c per serve
- The heirloom tomato was $1.33 and we used about ⅓ or 22c per serve
- The baguette is $2.79 and we used half at lunch, or 70c per serve
- Add 20c for mayo.
A great roll for $2.00 per serve.
We revisited the deconstructed Jambalaya by dropping the shrimp and slicing the andouille before frying it off to make it crispy (as inspired by the Yardhouse version).
The perfect Jambalaya would have this rice mix, sous vide shrimp and fried off andouille, but it was pretty good without shrimp.
- The andouille sausage was $7.98 for the pack and we used half or $2.00 per serve
- Rice adds 33c per serve
- The celery was $1.69 and we used ¼ or 11c per serve
- Organic bell pepper was $1.17 or 29c per serve
- A can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes is $1.69 or 43c per serve
- Add 20c per serve for seasonings.
The crispy andouille worked very well. A good meal for $3.36 per serve.