With half an heirloom tomato remaining, obviously we had toasted tomato sandwiches. Instead of mayo we used the Trader Joe’s Garlic spread, which added a layer of flavor to the sandwich.
- The heirloom tomato was $1.33 and we used about ⅓ or 22c per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Add 45c for butter and garlic spread.
A very satisfying sandwich for $1.00 per serve.
For a meatless Monday evening meal, we picked Jaipur Vegetables and Punjab Eggplant sauces (in pouches), which we heated and served over brown rice.
- The Trader Joe’s Jaipur Vegetables were $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The Punjab Eggplant (from Ralphs) was $3.99 or $2.00 per serve
- Brown rice adds 33c per serve.
The Jaipur vegetables – half the price of the Punjab Eggplant – was definitely the better sauce. Overall, a decent meal for $3.33 per serve.