It was good last Sunday, so why not again today? Jons roast chicken, heirloom tomato and a fresh baguette.
- The chicken is $6.99 and we shared a breast, or 88c per serve
- The heirloom tomato was $1.33 and we used about ⅓ or 22c per serve
- The baguette is $2.79 and we used half at lunch, or 70c per serve
- Add 20c for mayo.
A great roll for $2.00 per serve.
We were happy our Keller Crafted meat box included a chuck roast this month as we really enjoyed the shredded beef from last month. So we did it again. The same simple recipe cooking the chuck roast in beef stock and garlic, for about three hours.
We served with the rest of the baguette and a Spinach, Feta and Quinoa salad with a Bacon Vinaigrette, which was okay
- The beef was $20.78 but we’ll get at least six serves, or $3.46 per serve
- The organic artisanal beef broth was $1.99 or 33c per serve
- The baguette adds 70c per serve
- The salad was on special for $1.99 and we used the other half or 50c per serve.
The beef transforms from a second rate cut into something tender that allows the flavor from the working muscle to shine. Served with some of the cooking liquid as a dipping sauce, and a decent prepared salad, it was a satisfying meal for $4.99 per serve.