Today we soft scrambled pastured eggs. While that was happening we fried off toast in the panini press and covered with smoked salmonella on. The egg went on top with a generous shrinking of Trader Joe’s ‘Everything but the Bagel’ seasoning.
- Two eggs each is $1.00 per serve
- The bread costs 16c per slice
- The smoked salmon is $6.99 or $3.50 per serve
- Add 25c for butter and seasoning.
Lunch today was a perfect balance of crunch from the toast, salt and smoke from the smoked salmon with the soft scrambled eggs providing an amazing mouth feel, for $4.91 per serve.
We decided to make a meatloaf using the same recipe as for the Soutzoukakia but without the sauce. This is now one of our two favorite meatloaf recipes (the other being Turkey, Bacon Chipotle).
Served with a moderately interesting salad of White Beans, Feta, Mint and a generous amount of lemon, it was a good complement to the meatloaf.
- The ground lamb was $7.99 or $4.00 per serve
- An egg is 50c or 25c per serve
- 16 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used 8oz or 75c per serve
- Add 35c for onion, garlic and seasonings
- We opted for all mint, no parsley, which came from our garden
- Parmesan cost $5.75 but we used about 1/8 for this dish, or 35c per serve.
- Red wine adds 25c per serve
- A can of “store beans” was $1.00 or 50c per serveThe French feta is $9.99 for 10.5 oz and we shared 1/6 or 42c per serve
- Add 30c for lemon juice.
The white bean salad was good, but suffered from being a bean salad! Still, it worked well with the meatloaf, which we finished completely! A great meal for $6.92 per serve.