Without clear lunch plans and one ‘ready to go’ avocado, we split the avocado across two sandwiches, added a pouch of sweet and spicy tuna and a generous spread of Trader Joe’s garlic spread to create a really good sandwich.
- The rye bread is 32c per serve
- The pouch is $1.00 each, or $1.00 per serve
- A bag of four mini avocados is $3.99 and we shared one or 50c per serve
- Add 35c for garlic spread and butter.
A good sandwich for $2.07 per serve.
In the spirit of meatless Monday, we grilled mushrooms to perfection and served with a Onion, Blue Cheese and Cream sauce along side steamed asparagus.
- We prepared a pound of mushrooms for $3.98 or $1.99 per serve (although we have some left over for another night)
- Blue cheese crumbles are $3.49 and we used about ¼ or 44c
- Add 25c for lemon zest and juice per serve
- Add 10c for onion
- Heavy cream was $1.79 and we used half or 45c per serve
- Asparagus was $3.69 or $1.85 per serve.
Mushrooms make a great meat alternative and complement the sauce beautifully. The asparagus with lemon provides a nice acid counterbalance to the richness of the cream sauce. A great meal for $5.08 per serve.