Today we finished off the shredded beef in a rustic panini roll we finished in the oven. Drizzled with the juices and topped with a little crisp pickled onion, it’s nearly a perfect roll.
- The beef is $3.79 per serve
- The panini roll is 63c
- Add 5c for pickled onion.
A great sandwich for $4.47 per serve
An exploration into a new recipe – Gnocchi skillet with bratwurst & tomatoes, although we used Trader Joe’s Bavarian Bratwurst instead of chicken sausage. We also used cauliflower gnocchi instead of pasta and used shaved parmesan instead of basil, because we don’t like basil!
- The bratwurst are $3.49 for the pack, or $1.75 per serve
- Cherry tomatoes were $2.69 or $1.35 per serve
- The gnocchi was $2.69 or $1.35 per serve
- Shaved parmesan comes in a $5.49 pack, and we used 1/4 or 46c per serve.
Every new recipe you hope to find another winner, or a new favorite, but this time we got an okay meal for $4.91 that we probably won’t repeat.