We had some crustless spinach quiche that we ate at room temperature with a half serve of the Feta and Eggplant salad that was left over.
- Five pastured eggs are $2.50 or 63c per serve
- 7oz of baby spinach was $2.99, or 75c per serve
- Add 50c for heavy cream
- A half serve of salad is $1.43.
The salad absorbed more of the balsamic dressing and was even better than the night before. Combined with the quiche, it was a great meal for $3.31 per serve.
Tonight we decided on Slow Cooker Coconut Pork Curry. We used a lot less pork but otherwise kept the ingredients much the same. The recipe will give us four serves.
- The pork was $8.99 or $2.25 per serve
- Fire roasted tomatoes were $1.69 or 43c per serve
- A can of coconut milk was $1.69 or 43c per serve
- Add 80c for seasoning and oil
- Add 33c for brown rice.
Despite only cooking for half the recommended four hours, we had tender pork and a delicious sauce for $4.24 per serve.