Although we use the Long Cooked Broccoli as a side, it was originally intended as a sandwich filling, so today we heated what remained and topped a piece of fry bread (just bread in the panini press).
- One slide of Rye is 16c
- The long cooked broccoli is $1.36 per serve, or 68c per serve
- Add 25c for butter.
Surprisingly, this was a great way to eat the broccoli for $1.09 per serve.
With one vegetarian among our dinner guests we returned to the grilled eggplant with satay sauce that had been so successful last time we had it.
- Two eggplants were $3.28 or 82c per serve (although not all were served)
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/4, or 25c a serve
- Other seasonings in the satay sauce add 35c per serve
- Add 50c for marinade ingredients
- Bean sprouts were $1.49 but we used 2/3 or 25c per serve
- Carrot adds 10c per serve
- Mint came from our garden.
Excellent again, as always. Good food and great company made for a great evening. The meal cost $2.27 per serve.