We fried off some bacon in the panini press and made a bacon and tomato sandwich, but there wasn’t enough bacon done for two sandwiches, so we opened a smoked tuna pouch and combined it with Swiss cheese.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we used one, or 35c per serve
- Bacon is $4.99 and we used 3 rashers between us, or 45c per serve
- Add 75c per serve for the pouch
- Add 35c for garlic spread and butter.
Two satisfying half sandwiches each for $2.22 per serve.
Another adventure into a new recipe: Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp.
We Sous Vide the shrimp to perfection in garlic and butter while the sauce came together in the pan. We substituted lentil and brown rice pasta which had a good toothless and decent flavor.
- The shrimp was $7.99 for the pack, and we used half, or $2.00 per serve
- The pasta was $2.99 and used about ⅓ or 50c per serve
- The spinach was $3.29, or $1.65 per serve
- Add 20c per serve for garlic and seasoning.
- Add 40c for half and half
- Add 10c for onion.
We were slightly disappointed in this recipe. It promised great flavor but didn’t really deliver. The sous vide shrimp were perfect. Overall an okay meal for $4.85 per serve.