As Foodie Philip was heading home a little earlier than expected, a stop at Popeye’s became an option for lunch.
- An 11 piece pack is $14.99 and we had two pieces each, or $2.73 per serve
- Large red beans and rice is $3.99 or $2.00 per serve.
We always enjoy this meal for $4.73 per serve.
Since we had enjoyed the lamb loin chops last time we decided to continue to take advantage of the low price (likely caused by herd reduction in drought stricken New Zealand) and had them grilled again.
We served with a salad of radicchio, olives and feta (instead of parmesan) with a balsamic drizzle, which was also very good.
- The lamb chops were $12.06 or $6.03 per serve
- The radicchio was $1.50 or 75c per serve
- Olives were $2.42 or $1.21 per serve
- Feta adds abut 25c per serve as we used a leftover piece
- Add 20c for the balsamic.
A really good meal for $8.44 per serve.