Today we returned to toasted sandwiches: Sweet & Spicy Tuna with capers and Swiss cheese, and a chorizo salami and Swiss. Both were good but we liked the salami and cheese best.
- The chorizo was $7.99 and we shared ¼ or $1.00 per serve
- The tuna was $2.00 or $1.00 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- Add 45c for butter and mayo.
Not a bad lunch for $3.10 per serve.
A warm night means salad and what better than a smoke trout Cobb?
- The burrata was $4.99 or $2.50 per serve
- The Persian cucumber was $1.99 or 50 per serve
- Grape tomatoes were $2.49 for the pack, but we used half or 63c per serve
- We used one can of smoked trout per serve at $3.49
- Add 30c for watercress.
Dinner tonight was a good combination of smoked trout with the freshness of the cucumber and tomato and creaminess of the burrata. We enjoyed it for $7.42 per serve.