Foodie Philip picked up some Popeye’s Fried Chicken along with a large Red Beans and Rice for lunch.
- Two pieces of chicken are $2.72 per serve
- Red Beans and rice is $2.00 per serve.
Lunch today was $4.72 per serve.
A return to a favorite: Peruvian meat sauce. Tonight we served with quinoa and a simple leafy green and cherry tomato salad.
- Ground beef was $9.08 or $2.27 per serve
- Limes were $1.56 and about half went into the dish, or 20c per serve
- The can of coconut milk was $1.99 or 50c per serve
- The curry paste was $2.29 for the can, or 57c per serve
- The soy adds 26c per serve
- Add 30c for the toasted coriander, pink peppercorns, rice wine and cornstarch
- Half a pound of quinoa is $3.01 but used the half, or 75c per serve
- Grape tomatoes were $2.49 for the pack, but we used half or 63c per serve
- Spinach was $2.99 but we only used ¼ or 38c per serve.
We forgot how rich this sauce is, so neither Foodie could finish more than half, making it a four serve recipe for $5.86 per serve.