Since we were nearby we decided on a Bahn Mi for lunch at $8.75 per serve.
For dinner we tried something a little different: Baked past a la Norma, which makes four serves. We substituted lentil and brown rice pasta which had a good toothless and decent flavor.
- The eggplant was $1.49 or 38c per serve
- Grape tomatoes are $2.99 for the container and we used half or 38c per serve
- Eggs are 50c or 25c per serve
- The pasta was $2.99 and used about ⅔ or $1.00c per serve
- Parmesan cost $5.75 but we used about 1/2 for this dish, or $1.43 per serve
- Add 65c for capers, oil and seasoning.
For the amount of effort, and the time it takes, this dish needs to be a whole lot more flavorsome. It was okay, but we won’t be repeating it. The pasta bake cost $4.09 per serve.