Because of an odd schedule we had an early, partial lunch of a single Sweet & Spicy Tuna pouch with capers and Swiss toasted.
- The tuna was $2.00 or $1.00 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 16c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- Add 25c for butter.
A good sandwich for $1.58 per serve.
Because it was a cooler night, we decided on something baked, and what better than a red wine and mushroom meatloaf, which makes four serves.
- The dry aged ground beef was $18.88 or $4.72 per serve
- Portobello mushrooms were $2.99 or 75c per serve
- Onions and garlic add 20c per serve
- Two large eggs are $1.00 or 25c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 38c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- Sugar snap peas were $4.99 and we shared ⅓, or 83c per serve
- The kabocha squash was $3.67 and we shared half, or 46c per serve.
This meatloaf recipe is always good and it paired well with the baked kabocha squash and sugar snap peas for $8.04 per serve.