Since we had an avocado that was ready to go, it had to be used today! We paired it with canned smoked trout for a good lunch sandwich.
- The smoked trout was $3.49 or $1.75 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Avocados were $1.38 for two and we shared one, or 35c per serve
- Add 25c for butter.
A good lunch for $2.67 per serve.
Since mushrooms are almost meat, and today is meatless Monday, we grilled a pair of portobello mushrooms as if steak, and topped with the fabulous onion, blue cheese cream sauce, and paired with sugar snap peas.
- Onions were five for $2.49 and we shared one or 25c per serve
- The mushrooms were $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- Heavy cream was $1.79 and we used half or 45c per serve
- Blue cheese crumbles are $3.49 and we used about ¼ or 44c
- Butter adds 75c per serve
- Sugar snap peas were $4.99 and we shared ⅓, or 83c per serve.
Grilled mushrooms have their own “meaty” flavor and when paired with the onion blue cheese “steak” sauce, there’s no sense of missing meat. A great sauce on good mushrooms with a refreshing side for $4.22 per serve.