For lunch we finished baking some par-baked panini rolls and stuffed them with egg salad and mixed sprouts.
- The panini roll is 63c per serve
- The egg salad is $3.69 for 10 oz and we used 2 oz per serve, or 74c per serve
- The nanoshoots cost $2.50 and we shared about ¼ or 31c per serve.
We enjoyed this roll a lot for $1.68 per serve.
Cooler weather is an opportunity for soups, and one of our favorite soups is Dutch Mustard Soup, which is just onion, leak, cream and mustard, but totally delicious.
- Bacon is $4.99 and we used 3 rashers, or 83c per serve
- Yellow onions were $2.79 for 2 lb, or 23c per serve
- The leeks were $2.99 and we used half or 75c per serve
- Add 10c for butter
- Garlic adds 5c per serve
- Heavy cream adds 50c per serve
- Mustard adds 25c per serve
- Add 20c for the remaining seasoning.
This is a simple but great soup for $2.91 per serve, with a little left over.