As Foodie Philip was picking up cement nearby, a trip to Popeye’s was convenient.
- An 11 piece pack is $14.99 and we had two pieces each, or $2.73 per serve
- Large red beans and rice is $3.99 or $2.00 per serve.
We always enjoy this meal for $4.73 per serve.
It was time to revisit the meatloaf meal of a couple of nights ago. Revisit, as in, do an exact do-over of the meal!
- The dry aged ground beef was $18.88 or $4.72 per serve
- Portobello mushrooms were $2.99 or 75c per serve
- Onions and garlic add 20c per serve
- Two large eggs are $1.00 or 25c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 38c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- Sugar snap peas were $4.99 and we shared ⅓, or 83c per serve
- The kabocha squash was $3.67 and we shared half, or 46c per serve.
This meatloaf recipe is always good and it paired well with the baked kabocha squash and sugar snap peas for $8.04 per serve.