With nothing else planned for lunch, we revisited the Popeye’s Fried Chicken but with our own home-made pinto bean and ‘andouille’ sausage mix. This time we made it with chorizo sausage instead of andouille.
- An 11 piece pack is $14.99 and we had two pieces each, or $2.73 per serve
- The pinto bean chili is $1.85 for a full serve, but we had a bit over half a serve each, or $1.11 per serve.
The chorizo version of the pinto bean chili is more smokey and less spicy, but good – probably better than Popeye’s! A good meal for 3.84.
It’s been a while since we last had dry aged rib eye, but we had one in our Keller Crafted meat box this month, and we couldn’t wait to grill it. We served with an improvised salad of baby spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes, green olives and feta.
- At 10 oz the rib eye is a little smaller than previously (12 oz) but $8.10 per serve
- Baby spinach was $1.99, or 50c per serve
- The Valpresso feta was $9.99 for the tin, but we used 1/6, or 55c per serve
- The jar of green olives is $4.49 and we used about half, or $1.13 per serve
- The cherry tomatoes were $2.99 and we used half or 75c per serve
- Add 20c for balsamic vinegar.
An enjoyable meal for $10.73 per serve.