As we still had half an heirloom tomato that wasn’t going to keep, and chicken we finished baking some rustic rolls and stuffed the tomato and chicken inside.
- A rustic panini roll is 63c
- The chicken is $6.99 and we shared ¼ or 88c per serve
- The heirloom tomato was $2.51 and we shared half, or 63c per serve
- Add 15c for mayo per serve.
Not quite as good as a fresh baguette, but still good for $2.29 per serve.
With the gas bottle filled we were set to grill tonight’s dry aged rib eye steak. We served it with endive covered with roquamole that had been frozen since we last had guests. The roquamole & endive is a nod to a similar dish at DOS in Jordaan, Amsterdam.
- At 10 oz the rib eye is a little smaller than previously (12 oz) but $8.10 per serve
- The endive was $2.69 or $1.35 per serve
- The roquamole is $1.69 per serve.
A good meal for $11.14 per serve.