Toasted sandwiches are our go to lunch and today we had a Sweet & Spicy Tuna pouch with Swiss and a Pastrami Sauerkraut and Swiss. We split and shared both sandwiches
- The tuna was $2.00 or $1.00 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- The pastrami was $11.99 for 16 oz and we used 2 oz or 75c per serve
- The Bubbies (natural) Sauerkraut is expensive at $6.99 or 22c per serve, but it is a very superior sauerkraut without the bad odor of most sauerkraut
- Add 50c for butter, garlic spread and capers.
Two good half sandwiches for $3.13 per serve.
“Fishy Friday” is upon us and tonight we had Coconut Fish Curry with frozen cod.
- Cod is $11.99 for 7 pieces or $1.71 per serve
- Two onions were 28c or 14c per serve
- The tomato cost $1.02 or 51c per serve
- Coconut milk was $1.69 or 85c per serve
- Add 75c for other seasonings
- The brown rice vermicelli is $2.39 per pack, and we used half, or 60c per serve.
Foodie Philip really enjoyed this curry but Foodie Greg was less enthusiastic. Still a good meal for $4.56 per serve.