Since we still had fried chicken we reheated it and paired it with s Yellow Curry Chopped Salad, which was pretty good.
- An 11 piece pack is $14.99 and we had two pieces each, or $2.73 per serve
- The salad kit was $3.99 but it makes four serves, or $1.00 per serve.
Lunch today was better than with beans and rice for $3.73 per serve.
One of our favorite ways to use ground pork is Vietnamese Caramelized Pork Bowls, tonight with mung bean sprout and grated carrot and butter rice.
- The ground pork was $8.35 and we’ll get four serves from that, or $2.09 per serve
- Add 40c for ginger, onion, garlic and chili, etc
- Bean sprouts were $1.49 but we used only 2/3 or 50c per serve
- Add 10c for grated carrot
- Add 33c for brown rice
- Add 25c for butter.
The butter rice was a little bland, which paired perfectly with the intensely flavored (and slightly salty) caramelized pork mix. A little crisp freshness from the sprouts and carrot and it was a well balanced meal for $3.67 per serve.