As Foodie Philip was getting a gas bottle filled nearby, a trip to Popeye’s was convenient.
- An 11 piece pack is $14.99 and we had two pieces each, or $2.73 per serve
- Large red beans and rice is $3.99 or $2.00 per serve.
We always enjoy this meal for $4.73 per serve.
The Foodies are trying to keep to a meatless Monday schedule, at least with the evening meal, and tonight we went with grilled eggplant and satay sauce that had been so successful last time we had it. We served with a Vietnamese style salad inspired by Nigella Lawson
- Two eggplants were $1.29 or 65c per serve
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/4, or 25c a serve
- Other seasonings in the satay sauce add 35c per serve
- Add 50c for marinade ingredients
- Bean sprouts were $1.49 but we used 2/3 or 25c per serve
- Carrot adds 10c per serve
- Mint came from our garden.
Excellent again, as always. We are tending to prefer this version over the alternate with sirloin steak. It’s very tasty and impressive for $2.10 per serve.