Again some simple toasted sandwiches for lunch: sliced chicken breast with Swiss on the sprouted sourdough bread.
- Sprouted sourdough bread cost $3.99 for 32 slices, or 25c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Sliced chicken breast is $7.99 for 8 oz and we each had 1 oz or $1.00 per serve
- Add 35c for garlic spread and butter.
Another decent but uninspiring sandwich for $2.94 per serve.
Although it’s supposed to be “fishy Friday” we’re postponing that until tomorrow. Tonight it’s Lamb meatloaf using the same recipe as for the Soutzoukakia but without the sauce.
Served with a salad made of sugar snap peas and fresh burrata it made a great meal.
- The ground lamb was on special for $4.99 or $2.50 per serve
- An egg is 50c or 25c per serve
- 16 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used 8oz or 75c per serve
- Add 35c for onion, garlic and seasonings
- We opted for all mint, no parsley, which came from our garden
- Parmesan cost $5.75 but we used about 1/8 for this dish, or 35c per serve.
- Red wine adds 25c per serve
- The burrata was $8.99 or $4.50 per serve
- Sugar snap peas were $2.49 and we used about half or 63c per serve
- Mint for the salad came from the garden
- Add 30c for other ingredients.
The burrata and sugar snap pea salad was good, but the burrata wasn’t as good as the price would have suggested. Still, it worked well with the meatloaf, which we finished completely! A good meal for $9.88 per serve.