Since it was the weekend, we could do something a little more involved for lunch. Not that spinach and garlic frittata is a lot of work!
- Pastured eggs are 50c each or $1.00 per serve
- Garlic adds 5c per serve
- Baby spinach was $1.99, or 50c per serve.
A tasty lunch for $1.55 per serve.
Fishy Friday on Saturday night called for Roast Cod with Cannellini Beans and Green Olives.
- The beans were $1.00 per can or 50c per serve
- The cod fillets were six for $12.99 or $2.17 per serve
- The jalapeño was five cents, or 3c per serve
- The olives come in a $4.49 jar, and we used half, or $1.25 per serve
- The lemons were $1.78 or 89c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for seasoning and oil
- Black rice adds 44c per serve.
A pretty decent meal, with good variety, although we did not deseed the jalapeño and we should have! Still, tasty and filling for $5.58 per serve.