For lunch we share two toasted sandwiches: Sweet & Spicy Tuna with Swiss Cheese and capers, and Sliced Chicken Breast with Swiss.
- The tuna was $1.00 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Sliced peppered chicken breast is $7.99 for 8 oz and we shared 2 oz or $1.00 per serve
- Add 50c for butter, garlic spread and capers.
A pretty standard lunch for us for $3.16 per serve.
We had a chuck roast in our Keller Crafted meat box and decided to do a pot roast, but with Massaman flavors. We served half the pot roast with curry liquid and rice tonight, and kept the rest of the meat for sandwiches.
- The beef was $17.68 but we’ll get four serves, or $4.42 per serve
- The curry is $3.38 per can or $1.69 per serve
- Coconut milk is $1.69 per can or 85c per serve
- Peanuts were $2.99 but we only used half, or 75c per serve
- Peal onion adds 20c per serve
- Add 33c for brown rice.
The curry was very good, and the beef incredibly tender. A really good meal for $8.42 per serve.