Since Foodie Philip was near a Popeyes, it was time for fried chicken with red beans and rice for lunch.
- 9 Pieces of chicken were $8.99 on a new special, or $2.19 per serve with tax
- Red beans were $3.99 or $2.19 with tax.
An enjoyable lunch for $4.38 per serve.
Another Friday, another fish recipe and this time we returned to our version of a Sussex Smokey. I simple dish largely consisting of leeks, smoked fish (haddock in the recipe, smoked trout in our version), and a roux with some seasoning.
- The smoked trout was $7.49 or $3.75 per serve
- Heavy cream is $3.49 but we used ⅛ or 22c per serve
- The leeks were $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- A pint of organic Half and Half is $1.99 and we used ½ or 50c per serve
- Add 40c for breadcrumbs
- Add 30c for butter
- Add 30c for seasoning
- Sugar snap peas were $4.99 and we shared ⅓, or 83c per serve .
A very enjoyable meal for $7.80 per serve.