With it being Saturday, lunch could take on a little more complexity: ham steak, fried onion and Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onions (Trader Joe’s).
- The ham steak was 88c
- A pastured egg is 50c
- The frozen roast potatoes with peppers and onions was $2.99 or $1.50 per serve.
A great weekend lunch for $2.88 per serve.
When we celebrate Foodie Philip’s birthday we typically go for prime rib, and this year was no exception. Served with grilled asparagus, roasted garlic butter mushrooms and a horseradish cream, this was definitely a great take on a steakhouse meal.
- The prime rib as $39.09 but we’ll get five very (very) generous serves from that, or $7.81 per serve, which is double what you’d get in a steak house
- Mushrooms were $2.99 or $1.50 each
- Butter adds 50c per serve
- Asparagus was $4.03 but we used only half, or $1.00 per serve
- Add 65c per serve for sour cream and horseradish.
A meal worthy of the best steak house and, at $11.46 per serve, under a quarter of what we’d pay for the same meal in a steak house.