With so much ham we were destined to have ham and Swiss toasted sandwiches for lunch.
- The rye bread is 32c per serve
- The ham is 11c per ounce or 22c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 50c for mustard and butter.
A good sandwich for $1.38 per serve.
For “fishy Friday” Foodie Greg tried a new recipe: Mauritian Prawn Curry, which was an interesting flavor variation, particularly being tomato based.
- The shrimp was $7.99 for the pack, and we used half, or $2.00 per serve
- Canned tomatoes are $1.29 or 65c per serve
- Add 30c for ginger, garlic and onion
- Add 75c for other seasonings.
This curry isn’t like the more familiar Indian styles, and was slightly odd to us, but quite tasty in it’s own way for $3.70 per serve.