We repeated yesterday’s lunch of reheated lamb shank a in a panini roll finished in the oven and smeared it with Trader Joe’s new Blue Cheese Mustard.
- Panini roll is 63c
- Half of a serve of lamb divided between two is $2.40 per serve
- Add 40c for the mustard.
A great lunch for $3.43 per serve.
Cooler weather is an opportunity for soups, and one of our favorite soups is Dutch Mustard Soup, which is just onion, leak, cream and mustard, but totally delicious.
- Bacon is $4.99 and we used 3 rashers, or 83c per serve
- Yellow onions were $2.79 for 2 lb, or 23c per serve
- The leeks were $2.99 and we used half or 75c per serve
- Add 10c for butter
- Garlic adds 5c per serve
- Heavy cream adds 50c per serve
- Mustard adds 25c per serve
- Add 20c for the remaining seasoning.
This is a simple but great soup for $2.91 per serve, with a little left over.