Back to our regular round of toasted sandwiches. Today a Sweet and Spicy Tuna pouch with capers and Swiss, along with a chicken breast, sun dried tomato and Swiss. Both were good.
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The tuna was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Sliced chicken breast is $7.99 for 8 oz and we shared 2 oz or $1.00 per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 50c for butter, garlic spread and capers.
A pair of quite decent toasted sandwiches for $3.06 per serve.
We had two “thin cut” pork chops in last month’s meat box, which really aren’t that thin. We did them in a frying pan indoors (because of the weather) and served with Apple Bacon Slaw using endive instead of cabbage.
- The pork chops were $10.85 or $5.43 per serve
- Four slices of bacon are $2.74 or $1.37 per serve
- The cruciferous crunch was $2.69 or $1.34 per serve
- The Envy apple was $1.29 or 65c per serve
- Add 30c for apple cider vinegar and seasoning.
For $9.09 per serve we got perfectly cooked, tender and flavorsome pork chops, with a nearly perfect salad that balances salty, sweet and sour, with a hint of smokiness from the bacon.