A gray day is always perfect pie weather so today we had Trader Joe’s Steak and Stout pies for $3.25 per serve.
Although traditionally breakfast food, Kedgeree has been a favorite evening meal with us for a long time. The meal makes two very generous serves, or three with a bit more rice!
- The smoked cod was $7.49 or $3.75 per serve
- Four slices of bacon are $2.74 or $1.37 per serve
- Tomatoes cost 86c or 43c per serve
- Add 50c for milk, onion, curry powder and seasonings
- Pastured eggs are 50c per serve
- Add 33c for brown rice per serve.
Not quite standard as we had no curry powder and substituted garam marsala, but still delicious for $6.88 per serve.