A pair of chicken, tomato and Swiss toasted sandwiches.
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- Sliced chicken breast is $7.99 for 8 oz and we had 2 oz each or $2.00 per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 40c for butter and garlic spread.
A serviceable sandwich for $3.06 per serve.
A return to another favorite: the pork version of Tom Kha Gai (chicken), Tom Kha Moo. The recipe makes four serves.
- The ground pork came from our Keller Crafted meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.99 or $2.25 per serve
- A can of coconut milk is $1.49 or 38c per serve
- Two packs of mushrooms were 89c each, or 45c per serve
- Chicken broth is $2.49 or 63c per serve
- Lemon grass was 12c or 3c per serve
- Limes were 49c or 12c per serve
- Add 5c per serve for the pepper on top
- Add 25c for seasonings.
Dinner tonight might not look pretty but it tasted good for $4.16 per serve.