For lunch we finished the chicken breast and broccoli slaw on sandwiches.
- The chicken was Au$1.50 per serve
- The broccoli slaw was Au$1.25 per serve.
A good sandwich for Au$2.75 (US$1.93) per serve.
Tonight we had Foodie Philip’s family over for dinner. We prepared Nigella Lawson’s braised lamb shoulder with mint and pomegranate served with a homemade Greek Salad.
- The lamb shoulder was Au$24.35 or $3.47 per serve
- The pomegranate was Au$2.70 or 39c per serve
- Mint was $2.25 or 31c per serve
- Olives were Au$3.00 or 43c per serve
- Cos lettuce was Au$3.50 for a two pack but we used only one, or 25c per serve
- Grape Kumatoes were Au$6.50 or 93c per serve
- A shallot was Au92c or 13c per serve
- Danish feta was Au$3.03 or 43c per serve.
An excellent meal all round, and enjoyed by all. The addition of the pomegranate juice was welcome. A fitting end to our trip for Au$6.34 (US$4.44) per serve.