Although the weather made toasted sandwiches appealing, we didn’t want a simple repeat of the last two days. Since we had an avocado ready to eat, we paired it with canned smoked tuna for a pair of darned good sandwiches.
- The smoked trout is $3.49 per can or $1.75 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Two avocados were $1.98 but we shared one, or 50c per serve
- Add 30c for butter.
- The ‘fajita’ beef cost $13.5 for a full pound of beef, or $5.40 per very generous serve
- Snow peas add $1.00 per serve
- The various sauce and marinade ingredients add $1.00 per serve
- Brown rice is 33c per serve.
We both enjoyed the sandwiches for $2.87 per serve.
As we had “meat for fajita” in the freezer and a new wok to try, so we returned to a favorite: Stir-Fried Beef With Snap Peas and Oyster Sauce with brown rice. We have some leftovers for sandwiches.
The stir fry is a good weeknight meal, for $7.73, mostly because we get all our beef aged from Keller Crafted, which is definitely more expensive than conventionally sourced beef.