Yesterday’s sandwich was so good we repeated it, particularly since we still had half an apple!
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The turkey breast is $2.99 for 8 oz and two went on the sandwich, or 76c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 30c for butter and mustard.
A pair of quite decent toasted sandwiches for $1.72 per serve.
Our Meatless Monday choice this time was Cauliflower Cheddar Soup because it is definitely soup weather!
The soup makes six serves. We dropped the potatoes, which would have added body, so we compensated by using less stock. Served with a hot panini roll it was great.
- The organic cauliflower was $3.23 or 54c per serve
- The Old Crock cheddar was $5.45 or 91c per serve
- Chicken broth is $1.99 per carton and we used 1.25 cartons, or 42c per serve
- Add 20c per serve for onion, garlic, celery and carrots
- Add 20c per serve for seasonings
- The panini roll was 63c.
A really good soup for $2.27 per serve plus the roll, or $2.90 per serve.