The best part of Amazon returns is that they get dropped off near The Country Deli, so naturally we take the opportunity to drop in for lunch. Foodie Greg had a NY Pastrami on Rye, where the pastrami was particularly good this time. Foodie Philip had the marinated skirt steak with eggs over easy and home fries.
Lunch at The Country Deli averaged $22.63 for today’s food with tax and tip.
Because we had such a big lunch we again chose left overs from the freezer. Tonight we had half of the remaining Pinto Bean & Andouille Sausage Stew.
We followed the recipe fairly closely although we substituted a can of fire roasted tomatoes for the fresh in the recipe. We kept it moderately spicy. The recipe makes at least eight serves.
- The pinto beans were $1.19 or 15c per serve
- The pepper was $1.12 or 14c per serve
- The Bell pepper was 99c or 12c per serve
- The fire roasted tomatoes were $1.29 or 16c per serve
- The bacon was $7.99 but we used ⅜ or 38c per serve
- The sausage was $8.99 or $1.25 per serve
- Add 15c per serve for spices and seasoning.
We treat this dish as a chili, despite being labelled a stew. Despite only half a sausage in each serve (and less bacon) it has a great meaty taste for $2.35 per serve.