Since today was “fishy Friday” and we had an avocado we returned to the Avocado and Smoked Trout sandwiches.
- The smoked trout is $3.49 per can or $1.75 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Two avocados were $1.98 but we shared one, or 50c per serve
- Add 30c for butter.
A good sandwich for $2.87 per serve.
Sticking with the ‘fishy Friday’ theme tonight was a return to the Baked Cod with Beans and Olives recipe.
- The beans were $1.00 per can or 50c per serve
- The cod fillets were six for $12.99 or $2.17 per serve
- The jalapeño was five cents, or 3c per serve
- The olives come in a $4.49 jar, and we used half, or $1.25 per serve
- The lemons were $1.78 or 89c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for seasoning and oil
- Black rice adds 44c per serve.
Largely because of the olives and lemon, this gets Foodie Greg’s approval because it doesn’t taste strongly of fish. A decent meal for $5.14 per serve. The baked/roasted lemon was particularly good as it still retained it’s citrus freshness but had become quite sweet from the roasting.