Since Foodie Philip was heading past Popeye’s we decided on that for lunch.
- A new special means that a drumstick and thigh are $2.69 per serve
- The Red Beans and Rice is $2.00 per serve.
A return to a favorite for $4.69 per serve.
Thursday night is our “steak” night and tonight we shared a 10 oz Keller Crafted dry aged Rib Eye! With a spinach, pear, pomegranate and blue cheese salad.
- At 10 oz the rib eye is a little smaller than previously (12 oz) but $8.10 per serve
- The spinach was $1.99 and we shared half, or 50c per serve
- The pomegranate was $2.85 but we only used half, or 71c per serve
- The pear was 70c or 35c per serve
- Blue cheese crumbles are $3.49 and we used about ¼ or 44c per serve
- Add 25c per serve for dressing ingredients.
This is a really good salad that paired well with the steak for $10.35 per serve.