Since we had chicken breast and heirloom tomato left over from last Sunday’s Jon’s expedition we baked off a rustic panini roll, spread it with garlic spread, and stuffed it with chicken and tomato.
- The BBQ Chicken is $5.99 and we shared ¼ or 75c per serve
- Two heirloom tomatoes were $3.54 and we shared one, or 88c per serve
- The panini roll is 63c per serve
- Add 20c for garlic spread..2
Not as good as when on a fresh baguette, but still pretty tasty for $2.46 per serve.
Because it is “fishy Friday” we thawed frozen wild caught salmon and put it in a parchment paper pouch with a generous serve of green beens (haricot verts) and a creamy mustard sauce. We served it with black rice.
- The salmon fillets were $8.87 for two or $4.44 per serve
- The green beans $2.99 for the pack and we shared half, or 50c per serve
- Black rice adds 44c per serve
- Add 50c per serve for the cream fraîche, mustard and other ingredients.
A great way to cook salmon for $5.88 per serve