For lunch we divided the final serve of the meatloaf and sandwiched it with some sun dried tomato spread and a slice of Swiss before toasting to perfection.
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The meatloaf is $7.24 per serve and we shared one, or $3.62 per sandwich
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 50c for butter and sun dried tomato spread.
A pretty tasty sandwich for $4.78 per serve.
A simple Saturday night meal using the remain chicken legs from last Sunday’s chicken, and serving with the remaining spinach and pomegranate topped with almonds.
- The chicken is $1.50 per serve
- The spinach was $1.99 and we shared half, or 50c per serve
- The pomegranate is bonus as the cost has been absorbed in previous meals
- Marcona almonds cost $5.99 for the pack and we shared half, or $1.50 per serve
- Add 30c for oil and balsamic vinegar.
A simple meal, but elevated by the pomegranate into something more exciting, for $3.80 per serve.