For lunch we finished the Popeye’s Fried Chicken, which we served with some Cuban style black beans.
- A new special means that a drumstick and thigh are $2.69 per serve
- The Cuban style black beans were 99c or 50c per serve.
A decent lunch for $3.19 per serve.
Tonight we tried a new recipe for pork shoulder: Soy braised Pork Shoulder using a should from our November meat box. We paired it with some dry fried beans (no oil or butter) in our new wok and brown rice.
- The pork shoulder is $8.25, or $4.12 per serve
- Wine adds 30c per serve
- Sugar adds 20c per serve
- Add 50c per serve for ginger, garlic and seasonings
- Watercress is $1.99 but we shared ¼ or 25c per serve
- The green beans $2.99 for the pack and we shared half, or 50c per serve
- Brown rice adds 33c per serve.
The braised pork shoulder had an enormous depth of flavor, which could be a little overwhelming by itself, but with the brown rice it was in balance. The beans were a great success. Overall, an excellent meal for $5.70 per serve.