For lunch we had a toasted Lemon Pepper Tuna with Swiss sandwich.
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The tuna was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 50c for butter, garlic spread and capers.
A serviceable lunch for $2.16 per serve.
Split pea soup based on a home made ham stock isn’t totally meatless, but there’s no meat left in the final result, so we though it would count as “meatless Monday.”
The recipe makes eight serves.
- The stock has no real cost
- The pack of split peas was $1.59 or 27c per serve
- The frozen peas is 99c a pack, or 16c per serve
- A bread roll is 63c.
For dinner tonight the soup cost 43c per serve, and with the roll, $1.06 per serve.