The Foodies don’t generally eat breakfast, preferring an early lunch and keeping food intake time slightly restricted, but about once a month we attend a hosted community breakfast, where we enjoyed a bacon and egg brioche.
Foodie Greg like to find different ways to use our monthly delivery of ground pork. Tonight he adapted a chicken chili to ground pork (the other white meat) and it was pretty good. The recipe makes four good serves.
- The ground pork was $8.35 or $2.09 per serve
- Chicken broth is $1.99 or 50c per serve
- White beans are 99c a can or 50c per serve
- The jalapeño chili was 15c or 4c per serve
- Add 10c per serve for onion and garlic
- Frozen corn was $1.29 and we used half, or 16c per serve
- Add 55c for seasoning, lime juice, labné and crushed tostadas.
Despite expecting the recipe to thicken with the blended beans, this was a very loose chili, with a texture more like soup! It has a fairly mild flavor, probably because we could only get one jalapeño and no poblano peppers. Quite enjoyable for $4.14 per serve.