For lunch we shared two sandwiches. One with turkey breast, Swiss and sun dried tomato paste and the other with Sweet & Spicy Tuna and Swiss.
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The tuna pouch was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 40c for butter, and sun dried tomato spread.
Lunch was pretty decent for $2.06 per serve.
We decided to pull our stove top smoker out of semi-retirement to smoke some wild caught salmon that we got (frozen) from Trader Joe’s. We paired it with some Pepper Roasted Cauliflower.
We got much better results this time because we moved the smoker from the induction cooktop to our regular range.
- The salmon fillets were $10.31 or $5.16 per serve
- The green cauliflower was $3.22 or $1.71 per serve
- Add 20c for pepper and soy sauce.
The salmon turned out perfectly, with great smoke taste. The cauliflower was a little undercooked at the recommended time, but still tasty. A good “fishy Friday” for $7.07 per serve.