Foodie Philip was passing Popeye’s on the way home, so why not pop in and pick up some dark and spicy fried chicken.
- A 10 piece special was $13.98 and we had two piece each, or $2.80 per serve
- The red beans and rice is $3.99 or $2.00 per serve.
We enjoy Popeyes from time to time, for $4.80 per serve.
Thursday night is traditionally our steak night, so tonight we defrosted a 10 oz rib eye from Keller Crafted and prepared it in our (new) high tech, non-stick wok. On the induction cooktop we can directly set the temperature, and we get a really good, quick sear on the outside.
We served with a home made Caesar Salad with home made dressing.
- At 10 oz the rib eye is $8.10 per serve
- The cos lettuce was the remainder of our gift
- An egg is 51c or 26c per serve
- Add 15c for the other dressing ingredients
- Baked cheese bites (substituting for croutons) are $2.69 for a pack and we shared half, or 67c per serve.
A fairly simple meal, but when everything is of high quality, the meal becomes something special for $9.18 per serve.