While reheated fried chicken isn’t quite as good as freshly fried, it’s still pretty good. We served with a Taylor Farms Avocado Ranch Salad kit.
- A 10 piece special was $13.98 and we had two piece each, or $2.80 per serve
- The salad kit was $3.00, but we’ll get four serves, or 75c per serve.
Not a bad lunch for $3.55 per serve.
For dinner Foodie Greg tried a new recipe: Sausages with Lentils. We used the Feta, Spinach Turkey sausages from our Keller Crafted box, and French lentils.
- The sausages were $5.00 for the pack or $2.50 per serve
- Du Puy Lentils (black lentils) are $2.99 for a 500g (about 1lb) and we used half or 75c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for red wine
- Add 35c for the other ingredients.
This wasn’t Foodie Philip’s favorite. While the sauce alone was a little salty, combined with the somewhat bland lentils, it was reasonably balanced for $3.90 per serve.